Metis Athlete Management understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, http://metisathlete.co.uk/ (“our site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Information about us
Our site operated by Metis Athlete Management
Metis Athlete Management
Email address: email@example.com
- What does this policy cover?
- What is personal data?
Personal data is defined by the general data protection regulation (EU regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR ”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- What are my rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in part 15 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. The right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us] using the details in part 15 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. Prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we am using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in part 15.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the information commissioner’s office or your local citizens advice bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the information commissioner’s office.
- What data do we collect?
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Business name;
- Job title;
- Payment information;
- Information about your preferences and interests;
- Ip address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Operating system;
- A list of urls starting with a referring site, your activity on our site, and the site you exit to;
- How do you use my personal data?
Under the GDPR , we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to our site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our site;
- Supplying our services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email
- Analysing your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email and telephone, text message and post with information, news, and offers on our services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the privacy and electronic communications (ec directive) regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
- How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
- How and where do you store or transfer my personal data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR .
- Do you share my personal data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
- How can i control my personal data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR , when you submit personal data via our site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails [at the point of providing your details and by managing your account).
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the uk: the telephone preference service (“the TPS”), the corporate telephone preference service (“the CTPS”), and the mailing preference service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
- Can i withhold information?
You may access our site without providing any personal data at all
- How can I access my personal data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email above. To make this as easy as possible for you, a subject access request form is available for you to use. You do not have to use this form, but it is the easiest way to tell us everything we need to know to respond to your request as quickly as possible.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 1 month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
- How do I contact you?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details :
Metis Athlete Management
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.